About 25 of the servers which run ResNet are running *really* slowly at the moment (for various complicate and convoluted reasons) this means that customers may notice the following:
- The ResNet DNS servers are slow and unresonsive, which effectively means that your connection may function slowly, or even not at all.
- The My ResNet control panel (my.resnet.bris.ac.uk) is slow and unresponsive
- The ResNet Activation System (go.resnet.bris.ac.uk) is slow and unresponsive
- Most of our backend troubleshooting tools are playing up as well, which makes troubleshooting individual problems difficult for the Service Desk
- The Wireless ResNet authentication servers are caught up in this as well, so ResNet Wireless may also be unusable
Because of the widespread nature of the problem, we’re expecting it to affect all ResNet customers (Wired and Wireless)
We’re aware of the problem, and are doing everything we can to restore service as quickly as possible. I’ve already started planning ways to stop the same issue hitting us again in the future.
Update: 21/11/2011 17:13
Good news and bad news. The good news is that the load issues are beginning to resolve themselves and DNS seems to be back to normal. The bad news is that somewhere in the last 2 hours we hit a (separate, but related) problem which means none of our web servers are currently running (so www.resnet/my.resnet/go.resnet etc are still dead)
We’ve got a lead on that problem though, and are working to get them back up again.
Update: 21/11/2011 17:50
And we’re back in business! Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.